Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Something wonderful happened today. Despite enormous ed-reform and political pressure, the Board of Directors of the NAACP stood strong and supported the delegates' resolution for a moratorium on charters. You can read the press release issued by the NAACP here. It says:
- We are calling for a moratorium on the expansion of the charter schools at least until such time as:
- Charter schools are subject to the same transparency and accountability standards as public schools
- Public funds are not diverted to charter schools at the expense of the public school system
- Charter schools cease expelling students that public schools have a duty to educate and
- Cease to perpetuate de facto segregation of the highest performing children from those whose aspirations may be high but whose talents are not yet as obvious.
Now it is time for us to thank the NAACP. Send a "thank you" note. We make it easy. Follow the link. Then cut and paste the link and put it on social media.
If you are not already a member, join the NAACP today.
Thank you for all that you do. Now please thank the friends of public education at the NAACP.