Please be aware that in 2019, the BSCTA Executive Board anticipates a vacancy to its political action position, currently occupied by Chip Giuliano. Mariusz Borkowski will serve as the interim chairperson until the position is filled. The BSCTA Political Action Chairperson is an individual, under the leadership of NYSUT and its national affiliates, that organizes, educates, communicates, promotes, and advocates on behalf of its local members with elected local,state, and federal officials. The chairperson's job is to make sure that, in an impartial manner,our lawmakers are united in a common commitment to improve the quality of public education and healthcare for the children and families of New York, specifically members of NYSUT.
- Serving and contributing as one of the 10 members of the BSCTA Executive Board
- Attending ED 21 meetings with other local unions (4-5 times per year)
- BSCTA Executive Board meetings (twice a month)
- BSCTA Board of Directors meetings (once a month)
- Providing updates of state and national education news and disseminating other important information (i.e. APPR, tax cap) to your colleagues via email
- Promoting participation in phone banks, labor walks, etc.
- Ordering and handing out "VOTE YES!" Bay Shore budget signs in April
- Providing regular updates to the BSCTA webpage
- Occasionally meeting with elected local or state officials